Staff Selection Commission recruits SSC Stenographer every year. SSC Stenographer Syllabus, Exam, Eligibility, Salary and many more. The post of SSC Stenographer is two types the first one is Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted). The second one is Grade D (Group C).
SSC Stenographer recruitment is based as per the vacancies in different departments. Generally, there are almost the same number of vacancies every year. Further, the selection procedure for this post is the competitive exam.
SSC Stenographer Job Profile
- Firstly, it is very important to know what an SSC Stenographer do. Further, these posts are also available in courtrooms, legal cells. And the legal proceeding corporate places of various departments.
- Secondly, the job profile of the SSC Stenographer includes the responsibility of the press conference. Further, Briefings and speech writing are the parts of the job profile. Moreover, SSC Stenographer plays a good role in helping the public relationship. He/She transcribes the spoken words by a steno machine. A stenographer has the expertise in the fast and accurate typing skills.
- Generally, the posts of the SSC Stenographer are available in various Ministries. Including departments and organizations under the govt.
SSC Stenographer Notification
- The recruitment for the post of SSC Stenographer executes as per the notification. The notification issuing authority is the SSC. In other words, SSC issues the notification for this recruitment every year.
- Further, this notification has all the information about the entire recruitment. A Candidate must read this notification carefully to avoid any confusion. Moreover, this notification is also available on the official website of SSC viz. https://ssc.nic.in and a link to download the same is also available below.
- Notification number for the recruitment of 2020 is F.No.3/8/2020-P&P-II. Further, the number of vacancies will notify later.
- Download the official notification for the recruitment of 2020.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility
- The eligibility includes generally four parameters like age limitation. Nationality or citizenship, educational qualification and the medical fitness. Further, the most important eligibilities are the age and education. Most of the eligibility for this post is available as below:
- The age for this recruitment to be calculated as on 01/8/2020.
- Minimum age for grade C is 18 years and maximum for the same is 30 years.
- The minimum age for grade D is 18 year and the maximum age is 27 years.
- Similarly, for the grade C, a candidate must be born between 02/8/1990 and 01/8/2002.
- For the group D, this is between 02/8/1993 and 01/8/2002.
- The relaxation in the age must be executed as per the rules. Further, complete details in this regard are mentioned in the notification.
Nationality / Citizenship
- An aspirant must be either a citizen of India or Nepal of Bhutan. Further, it is also mentioned that a Tibetan refugee before 01/01/1962.
- Moreover, a person of this country and married from Pakistan, Shri Lanka, etc. And presently settling in India permanently is eligible.
- In conclusion, if the confusion will occur then a certificate must require. The certificate issuing authority is the Govt of India.
- A candidate must passed 12th class examination or equivalent. Further, this exam should pass from any recognized board of education.
- Moreover, the above qualification will examine on the date of 01/8/2020. Further, kindly read the notification for the equivalent qualification. The detailed information about eligibility given in the notification.
SSC Stenographer exam date
There are some important dates including SSC Stenographer exam date. Candidates have to note down these dates for further events:
- Online application starts from 10/10/2020.
- Last date for applying online is 04/11/2020.
- The last date for paying the examination fee online is 06/11/2020.
- Hence, the last date for paying the examination fee offline is 10/11/2020.
- SSC Stenographer exam date is 29-31/03/2021.
- Date of the skill test will notify soon.
- Admit card for the CBT exam will release in the month of Feb/March 2021.
- Candidates must follow the official website or this website for further updates.
- In conclusion, all the above dates are tentative. The commission has the right to correction these at any time. Further, the notice in this regard will also publish by the commission.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
- Firstly, it is very important to clarify that there is the Computer Based Test. The duration of this examination is 2:00 hours. Similarly, 2:00 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates of PH category. Further, the details of the PH category are available in the notification.
- Moreover, the details of the subjects are given as below.
- 50 questions for 50 marks are from General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- Similarly, 50 questions for 50 marks are from General Awareness.
- There are 100 questions for 100 marks from English Language and Comprehension.
- Finally, there are 150 questions for 150 marks for this examination.
- Further, all the questions have multiple answers with one or more correct answers. A candidate have to mark the correct answer on the computer.
- Moreover, there is negative marking as .25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are advised to select the correct answer carefully.
- In conclusion, you may download the detailed syllabus for batter understanding.
SSC Stenographer Skill Test
- The shortlisted candidates of the CBT exam will eligible to appear in this skill test. SSC Stenographer skill test is designed on the computer. A 10 minutes dictation will provide to a candidate in Hindi or English.
- Further, the speed required as 100 WPM for the post of grade C. Similarly, 80 WPM for the post of grade D.
- Moreover, this skill test will hold at the Commission’s Regional Offices. OR as per described by the Commission.
- Finally, the transaction time is mentioned as below table:-
SSC Stenographer Salary
- As the job of the central govt, the salary of SSC Stenographer is good. Further, there are many other benefits along with the salary. Generally, the salary of a govt employee increases thrice in a year. Firstly, the yearly increment entitled approx 3% of the basic pay. Secondly, there are two time DA increase announced by the govt.
- Pay Scale of grade C is (9,300-34,800) with the grade pay 4200 and 4600.
- It is also intimated that the grade pay 4800 is the gazetted officer. In other words, the first or second promotion is as gazetted officer.
- The pay scale of SSC Stenographer grade D is (5,200-20,200) with the grade pay 2400.
- There are different allowances are applicable like HRA, DA, TA, CEA, etc.
How to apply online
- Candidates can apply online for these posts after checking their eligibility. In order to check the eligibility, you may read this article post. And read the official notification for deep information about this recruitment.
- Online application filing system is almost similar to the other recruitments. Further, this is simple and user friendly. A candidate may fill it easily and can pay the application fee easily. However, the detailed instruction is also given the notification.